Additional North Yorkshire Sport support
Remember that podcasts, blogs, shadowing or being mentored and more, are all learning and development opportunities!
North Yorkshire Sport courses. We plan and deliver a range of learning options.
Yorkshire & Humber Learning Community. This is a free to access, on demand learning site. There are bitesize learning modules around areas such as:
- Attracting Women and Girls to your setting
- Social Media Masterclass
- GDPR for your Club
- Creating LGBTQ+ Inclusion in Sport and Physical Activity
- Working with Underserved Communities
- And more …
Club Matters is a Sport England Lottery funded programme that provides free information, advice, and guidance for organisations delivering sport and physical activity. The wide range of trusted resources available are designed to support organisations of all sizes through the provision of:
- Information, advice, guidance, and real-life stories to help with all aspects of running an organisation, many of which are developed in collaboration with expert partners from across the sector.
- Tools and guidance to help organisations develop, grow, engage with new and existing audiences, tackle common issues, and improve their long-term sustainability.
- Signposting to further support from other organisations.
- Up to date news and developments from across the sector.
- Access to face to face and online workshops, training, and professional development opportunities.
The resources provided by Club Matters come in a range of different bite-sized formats including online tutorials, videos, infographics, podcasts, guidance notes, quizzes, templates and self-help tools, and website pages. They cover a wide range of topics include:
- Financial management.
- Participant development.
- Planning for your future.
- Volunteer development.
- Welfare and safeguarding.
- Facility development.
To start exploring Club Matters resources, please visit their website via the following link:
Community First Yorkshire
Community First Yorkshire are the rural community council for North, South and West Yorkshire, providing advocacy for rural communities and parish councils. They provide practical support to voluntary and community organisations, and social enterprises in North Yorkshire (except in York) through networks, projects, training and services. Training from Community First Yorkshire covers everything from governance, how to submit a winning funding application to getting to grips with social media. Find training to meet your needs by following this link:
As the York Centre for Voluntary Service (known as York CVS), they are an independent charity; supporting and championing York’s voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector to make positive change, challenge issues and grow new ideas for the future in order to strengthen communities.
For information about their training and events visit:
For more information visit:
UK Coaching inspires the nations coaches to deliver #GreatCoaching through best practice, training, research, and industry standards across sports, communities, and national governing bodies.
Health Check tool
The Club Matters Health Check Tool is a self-assessment tool designed to support anyone that runs community sports clubs, groups and organisations.
The interactive, and diagnostic, tool is designed to help you to understand your strengths and identify any areas for development to ensure you are providing a safe environment, whilst meeting your legal requirements.
The tool is particularly useful if; you are looking to start a club or organisation, want to check your current processes across five operational areas, or want to identify key areas of development.