Our partners on this transition from North Yorkshire Walking for Health Group to Ramblers Wellbeing Walks are The Ramblers and North Yorkshire County Council.
What are Ramblers Wellbeing Groups?
Ramblers Wellbeing Walks are coordinated by North Yorkshire Sport. They offer:
- Social group walks led by trained walk leaders
- A free, regular walking activity
- An opportunity to explore local areas and meet new people
- Walks between 30-90 minutes in length
- Walks that are suitable for beginners.
The benefits of Wellbeing Walks
The walking groups have supported people in North Yorkshire to gain confidence and knowledge. The groups help reduce loneliness and isolation and provides social contact with people in similar situations.The people who take part in the walks enjoy spending time outdoors, and in nature.
All of these benefits have improved the physical and emotional health of those taking part. The benefits of walking include;
- Keeping your heart strong
- Helping to reduce blood pressure
- Giving you energy
- Reducing stress
Walk Leaders Training
North Yorkshire Sport coordinates local training to build, support and sustain Ramblers Wellbeing Walks.
Individuals from across the Ramblers Wellbeing Walks North Yorkshire Partnership have completed the ‘Train the Trainer’ course which has enabled walking groups to deliver walk leader training to potential volunteers.
If you are interested in becoming a Walk Leader as part of the North Yorkshire Ramblers Wellbeing Walks Programme, please complete the ‘Expression of Interest’ form below.
A form to include data capture of name, postcode and email address that will go to email@example.com
The Impact of Ramblers Wellbeing Walks
We’ve seen the impact of the Ramblers Wellbeing Walks benefiting our community in lots of ways, here are just some examples.
The wellbeing of individuals in North Yorkshire accessing Ramblers Wellbeing Walks is increasing, both physically and mentally.
- The number of walk assistants and leaders are increasing.
- The sharing of good practice, peer support and connectivity across walking groups is increasing.
- Numbers of individuals accessing Ramblers Wellbeing Walks across North Yorkshire are increasing.
- Numbers of targeted individuals/ groups accessing Ramblers Wellbeing Walks are increasing.
Ramblers Wellbeing Walking groups in North Yorkshire
The following groups are included in the North Yorkshire Ramblers Wellbeing Walks scheme
Existing North Yorkshire Groups
|Name of Walking for Health Scheme
|Craven (Skipton) Walkers
|North Craven Strollers
|South Craven Walkers
|Richmondshire Wellbeing walkers
|Selby Wellbeing Walks
Get in Touch
More information about Ramblers Wellbeing Walks
For more information about Ramblers Wellbeing Walks in North Yorkshire, visit the Ramblers Wellbeing Walks page or contact Lucy Psarias firstname.lastname@example.org